Last summer I did a mini summer school with the kids and we started up again this week.
Learning makes this little Spider Man tired--ha!
Kai does counting numbers 1-10 in English and Spanish, color and shape flash cards and then I read him a book. For Kai it's mainly about getting him to sit still, be quiet and listen. 
Kali works on the worksheets her teacher sent home in a packet. We do addition and subtraction, go over numbers, handwriting, write sentences and I read her books and she reads them back to me. Her favorite are Dr. Seuss.

Of course NO schooling is complete without art. I got a great idea off of the Design Mom blog. I sketched dresses for her and made copies.
Kali works on the worksheets her teacher sent home in a packet. We do addition and subtraction, go over numbers, handwriting, write sentences and I read her books and she reads them back to me. Her favorite are Dr. Seuss.
Of course NO schooling is complete without art. I got a great idea off of the Design Mom blog. I sketched dresses for her and made copies.
and put them on display. She LOVED this!
Kai was coloring his wooden pirate treasure box while we did this.
And, next week we will start our Physical Education with swim class M-TH (I am even doing water aerobics to keep cool, because baking in the sun on the side of the pool is NO good) and Kali goes to dance camp later this month. We've got a fun, busy summer planned!
1 comment:
We are starting "summer school" at our house next week too. I love that dress idea... I will be doing that with Sydni. :)
Post a Comment