Last night we had our "Back to School" dinner for Kali. She is starting 2nd grade this year---I can't believe it! Where did my little Kindergartner go?
Kai is going to start Kindergarten next year.
Here is the house before the party....
and after the whole family got here...everyone came and Kali was SOOO happy!
Grandma Kathi brought the kids checkers/chess and Connect 4 games to play so they were busy all night and having a great time.
We also watched the closing ceremony of the London Olympics.
And today Kali and I were up bright and early for her first day of 2nd grade!!
Yaya made her fancy skirts to wear to school because this girl likes to be dressed up!
She was SO excited but also said she had butterflies in her tummy. Then right before I took her picture in the front yard a butterfly flew right by her & that's good luck :)
As soon as she sat down she got to work coloring with her new colored pencils....she LOVES anything to do with art so it was a good start to her day.
Kali with her friend & classmate from last year, Lauren.
And, one last picture I took before I left my sweet & sassy Kali.
It's only been 30 minutes and I miss her already.
No comments:
Post a Comment