A few weeks ago Mr. Becker and I went around the house with a notepad making a wish list of all the things we would like to change.
Our first priority was our hallway.
I painted it dolphin gray last year....it was not the best choice for a hallway.
We decided to paint it a semi-gloss white so we can wipe off all the sticky hand prints which are inevitable with two kids.
Then we figured we might as well take out the carpet and add pergo (we have it in the living room and dining room) to keep the space looking crisp and clean.
From there we decided to paint all the doors, get new molding and add bead board to the cupboard doors in the hallway.
Here is step 1 & 2 taking the capet out and painting the walls white
Oh and that awful light is going to go too
Step 3 taking the cupboard doors off
painting doors
laying down water barrier and pergo
oh and did I mention we let the kids help paint??
This led to Kai painting the wrong wall and now we are painting one of the walls in the family/dining room white. It actually looks good so way to go Kai!
next step: hanging up fabric covered corkboard in the hallway for kid's art
and Kali & Kai's oil paintings they are so proud of
we painted the light switch covers and doorbell box with white spray paint
1 comment:
FUN! I love home projects (when they're finished--haha). I don't enjoy being right in the middle of them...but the results are so satisfying. It looks great! I can't wait to see the finished product :)
Post a Comment