Wednesday, August 4, 2010

2 weeks left of summer

School starts in two weeks.
Tear drop.
As you may know...I HATE summer in Phoenix.
But I am sooooo sad about my sweet Kali going to Kindergarten that I want it to last forever.
Stupid AZ and their all day Kindergarten!
So we are going to be making the most of our last 2 weeks of summer.
Today we are brushing up on shapes with flashcards, play dough & Popsicle sticks.
Kali went school shopping with my mom & I last week. Let's face it, this girl needs more clothes like she need a hole in the head but it was soooo fun! I almost got teary eyed when she was picking out school supplies.
By the way Kai got this sword in exchange for his "baba" (pacifier) and he has not used it since--holla!!!!
back to Kali's school clothes....she loves Hello Kitty as much as her mommy :)
We spent the last two days at Kali's school helping my friend Joy (a teacher there) set up her classroom--soooo fun! Joy even fed us Barro's pizza one day and Flamingo Palace the other. My two favorite foods!!
Lucky us!
We also went to the Phx Public Library downtown in the "city" as the kids call it.
They made wishes in the fountain.
Rode on the "Willy Wonka" elevator....it is all glass just like the one in the movie. Oh and don't mind Kai, he wears his super cape & sword everywhere we go.

we had fun reading books & looking at the cool stuff they have there.
I sure am going to miss this gal while she is at school.
and I know Kai will too.

3 comments:

Krista said...

I cry each time I send a kid off to school. I thought I'd hate all day Kindergarten but Conor loved it so I ended up loving it too. Kya only had half day k-garten and she badly wished she could go all day! You'll love your one on one time with Kai.

Joan said...

I am a MESS, Fawn. A mess. I can't stand handing my BABY off to some woman I don't know for 7 hours a day. SEVEN HOURS?!?! Uggh. I know he'll love it but any time anyone asks him about kindergarten he says, "Yeah, but my mom is going to be so sad and cry." haha. I LOVE that boy so much.

Laura said...

It makes ME so sad for you that Kali is going to Kindergarten, I want to cry!! I can't imagine what I would feel like if it was my own =( I'm sure you'll get through it like all other moms before you, but I hope that strength and peace are your friends!