Thursday, February 25, 2010

My little shadow

Before I had kids my constant shadow was Noodle. He has been following me around since day one. He is actually the first big purchase I made after getting married, graduating college & getting a "real" job. After I got my first paycheck I went with Francis and my brother, Bret way out to Mesa and got Noodle. The man we bought him from actually gave me the willies but I was happy to get him away from him. He was SOOO tiny and soft.
My parents referred to him as their "granddog" and my mom bought a little dog carrier that she could wear and took him to Target (it was hilarious) I had little shirts for him and he has had a Halloween costume every year :) He was a honey bee the first year we had Kali because she was a flower, a mermaid, a dragon and he even has an elf costume for Christmas.
Once I got pregnant with Kali he would lay on my belly anytime I was in bed, he started protecting her really early. When we brought her home Noddle curled up on a little rug in her room anytime I would nurse, change diapers, or rock little Kali. He has done the same for Kai too. He LOVES our kids. No matter how much they bother him during the day he is almost always willing to play with them (until Kai tugs his tail). In fact, last night Kai woke up yelling at 4 am that he had to go to the bathroom and Noodle was the first one out of bed running to Kai's door. And after I got Kai back to bed (he wanted to sleep on the floor) I laid by him until he fell back asleep & Noodle was right there with us. He does the same if Kali wakes up.
He is fiercely loyal to our family and will not tolerate anybody or anything coming near us. This causes a problem with having people over so he is always handed over the fence to my parents. I hardly ever write about little Noodle on our blog but if you look closely you can see him in about half of our pics because he is never far away. We love our crazy, pooping, puking, barking and growling Noodle.
P.S. on a totally unrelated note, go to my cooking blog Yummies Tummies for some recipes! The link is over there ---->

1 comment:

Jon, Andrea, Carter, Lincoln & Bennett said...

Oh Noodle! And yes, I can vouch that Noodle is quite protective of your little family. I distinctly remember "attack of the Noodle"! :) We USED to be the same way with Ella - presents, costumes, fancy collars, etc. And then Mr. C came along and she has been knocked off her princess pedestal. And hard.