Our little garden is just growing away (thanks to Via-gro, and no I did not make that up) we've had fresh tomatoes this past week and very soon we will be eating our own artichokes (we boil them for about 45 minutes and pull the leaves off and dip in melted butter--YUM!) Our green pepper plant is getting ready to start producing so soon it will be omelet city around here. Kali's "bean bops" (sugar snap peas & snow peas) are growing like crazy & she loves going out to check on her "bean stalk".
Our lemon tree only has a few lemons left so I am trying to make lemonade as much as possible.
Oh and did I mention we stopped eating red meat?! Why, you ask. Long story long.(seriously my mom and I tell the LONGEST stories)... my parents have a "vacation" home in Page Springs and there are chickens, horses and cows there....(the neighbors have these animals not my parents) and our neighbor Marley slaughtered one of his cows and gave us some of the meat. Logically, I know beef comes from cows BUT emotionally I guess I never really thought about it. I mean I was eating one of the cows that wanders around the grassy meadow at PS??? WEIRD! My kids love to see the cows and now there is one less and I am feeding it to them?? What the heck?! I told Francis how I felt and he said he felt the same way. (We sure are getting soft in our old age, soon we will be humming on a rock in Sedona) And ever since that day (last month) we have not had one bite of red meat and we do not miss it. We are also trying to eat less chicken and I going to try to buy more organic food. Oh and did I mention I stopped shaving my legs & I drive a Prius now?? Just kidding well, half kidding because I do want a Prius....oh no...Sedona vortex here I come!
2 comments:
I was going to say....not shaving legs! Made me feel like I was at girls camp!
That is so awesome that your garden is doing well. I am going to have to get some pointers from you sometime! It would be kinda weird to eat meat from an animal that I just saw walking around... but I like red me too much! :) Ha! that made me laugh out loud when you said you stopped shaving your legs!! :D
Post a Comment