Today my kids are sick.
It is going to be a long one.
Kai is taking a Tylenol induced nap Kali is downing spoonfuls of honey sitting on the couch. (The Ped told me to give them honey for a cough)
I am treating myself to a day of Earth mother chic pampering. These awesome little recipes save money, are totally "green" and make you feel less like a frumpy stay at home mom that has been wiping rears all day and more like a fabulous, yet Earthy mamasita.
For your tootsies & hands:
2 T cornmeal
1 T mashed banana (I put mine in a food processor)
Mix together and scrub your hands and feel and rinse with cool water.
For your rats nest:
1 banana (I put it in the food processor and saved Tablespoon for the recipe above)
1/2 avocado (use the other half on a sandwich or in a salad)
Add the avocado to the food processor with the banana and apply to dry hair....cover hair with saran wrap.....leave on 10 min and rinse with cold water
For your skin:
3 med strawberries (put in food processor)
1 T honey
Mix together, using small circles and massage onto face and neck for 3 minutes, rinse with warm water.
I used all three today and they not only smelled wonderful but they worked really good too :)
Oh and if you have a pint of strawberries and are hungry...make this:
* I got all of these "recipes" from the April '09 issue of Fitness magazine.
OH and if you are reading this while your kids are napping.....check out my cousin's blog she is crazy talented, crafts, photog, sewing, digital scrapbooking, cooking, she is amazing so click here:
No comments:
Post a Comment