Thursday, February 19, 2009

Memoirs of a gardener

we are officially a gardening family. after too many cats and dogs using our asparagus plant as a urinal we decided to do our garden up right! I know that is improper English but I spent about 7 hours in the sun today.
First, we pulled a million weeds and renegade mint from the area while Kali had pizza and took pics.
The girls went to Home Depot for seeds (Sugar Snap Peas, Snow Peas, Daisies, and Freesia) and tomato plants. Plant them, we did. (Now I sound like Yoda...this has been a long day)
Mr. Becker is soooo sexy doing yard work..... and Miss Kali took a break and made an outdoor bed
Kai joins us after his nap to give Fran a few pointers and eat apple slices and cheese its.

wooden posts+orange paint+staple gun+chicken wire= fabulous garden! Kali said "it is wonderful and now Marty (my mom's cat) won't pee on our veg-a-tables"! She also asked if we could spend the day outside tomorrow....and the answer might just be yes! You've gotta love Phoenix "winters"!
Oh and Kali is carrying a purse because she told us, " I am very important with my purse". And, Kai in case you are wondering from my last post, only got up once last night--he is my sweet little boy again and we might just keep him--ha!

3 comments:

lynsey said...

ooh! you guys are amazing. look at how self-sufficient the beckers are! very impressed over here, very.

Rosemary said...

That's so funny, we're starting our garden tomorrow! Um, we would LOVE to do the zoo next week. Wednesday might be good, and do you want to go early? My kids get cranky around 11:00, so the earlier the better.

Laura said...

Aww, that's so sweet. I miss being able to garden year round. It is on a pretty tight schedule out here =) Your garden is lovely!