Saturday, December 20, 2008

Kick like you mean it!

Today started with me dragging myself out of bed and making some blueberry pancakes for Fran and the kids since Kali has a little cold I thought she could use some antioxidants...good 'ol blueberries! I made myself a quick smoothie and off to kickboxing.

Fortunately I was late.

I say fortunately because this was one hard class and at one point I even had the thought, "can kickboxing kill you?" But I did not want to be the weak one that leaves to get drinks so I just kept running in place while jabbing and uppercutting. Then the inevitable kicks came and the teacher kept yelling (into the microphone) "kick like you mean it! Like your purse is getting snatched and you want it back". To which I would just say..."take it and good luck finding anything more than diapers, wipes, chapstick, and some loose change" I mean when did my Saturday morning kickboxing cardio class become training for Mortal Combat?? Well at least I will be safe if I encounter a purse snatching gingy :) See pic below.
The evil purse snatching pirate gingy tries to take the damsel's purse....good thing she goes to Saturday morning kickboxing and is able to beat the gumdrops off of the salty scoundral!

P.S. did I mention that Kai got up like 8 times last night? Is he trying to kill me?

2 comments:

lynsey said...

you made me laugh out loud with this one! i'm the same way with my purse. if someone wants it that badly they can just have it!

love the picture of gingy attacking the damsel.

Sonnet said...

Between kickboxing & getting up 8 times sounds like you should be dead soon.