Saturday, September 20, 2008

Kidfare....a nightmare of a time



I have not been truly mad in a long time....nor has Francis....but today we were at the same time and what made us mad? Let me set this up for you.......

1. KIDFARE, sounds harmless enough..fun for kids...the ad said no lines...Dora, Boots, Spongebob, Elmo and Curious George were going to be there. Well here is a picture of the skanky Dora...I think someone had just used her as a tissue.


2. This stupid mess of a "Kidfare" was at the Phoenix Cardinals stadium, which is slang for holy parking disaster!!! We parked about a mile up the road and it is HOT today!

3. Then we pre-purchased our tickets so we ASSUMED that we would be able to stroll right in....BUT NO...we waited in a LONG line in the HOT sun! This is about the time that Mr. Becker started to loose his mind.

4. Then we get inside and there were about 2 million people...half strollers....and they were all bumping into me which is why I lost my mind. And, everything in there cost money or you had to go stand in another line, buy tickets and then get into another line to use those tickets.

SOOOOO long story short we walked around.....meet a Storm Trooper
and some Jawas and Sand People and some scurvy pirates and then took off.....on a long walk back to the car. Boy are we happy to be home. Please let everyone you know about the horrible "Kidfare" so nobody else will be unlucky enough to have this little outing happen to them.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH! We were there at that mess!!!! It was terrible. We waited 45 min to get tickets then inside it was madness. Way to many people. My poor little guy was so overwhelmed, he had NO fun! There is no way we would ever go again.

lynsey said...

wow i'm glad we decided to skip out...we were planning on going but then ben had homework so we changed our minds. but wow i'm happy we didn't!

Rosemary said...

Ah yes. We have fallen victim to events that sounded so cute and loads of fun for the entire family, only to leave within an inch of our lives because my husband and/or I wanted to kill everyone. Under no circumstances ever go to the Schnepf Farms Peach Festival in June, or the Phoenix Zoo's Water bash in July. I tell you, both were downright disasters. Anyway, just got your comment and OF COURSE we will come to your open house party thing. They are seriously so fun , we would love to participate. Just tell me when and where and what time and how much room we will have because we have been working on a TON of stuff and it's so cute I think I might die. So yeah, we're in sista.

Rosemary said...

Sounds fantastic. I'll check around and see who can come. The 25th is perfect too, we have nothing planned for that day. Hooray! I want to bring some Halloween stuff we've been making, but if you know of any friends that want Halloween stuff earlier, tell them to check the blog, we're puttin tons of cute stuff on there. Also, email me your address and I'll send some goodies for Kali so she can show em off. Yay!

Amy O'Neill said...

Crazy!! Good to know... we have experienced similar chaos at other events and ended up spending an arm and a leg too, so Robert has boycotted EVERYTHING like that.

The Skeehan Family said...

holy hannah, yeah, that sounds NO bueno... I swear it's because it's still 106 degrees outside - people will do anything that indoors and with air conditioning! Oye vay. Sorry you guys didn't have a good time. And ps... missed you at the fountains too and at Will's bday party :( Oh, and I'm so glad you are doing the 24th because due to some scheduling stuff it's been moved to the 18th - so yippee! If I get on it, you should receive an invite soon!!!