Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's official, I am a hippie!

My New Year's Resolution was to be more "Green" so we started off easy enough.....recyle every paper product and can that we have...then I changed out 75% of our light bulbs to energy efficient bulbs....stopped using papertowels and substitute washcloths that I wash and reuse. I thought I was doing really well with all of these changes and then I decided to go further into the green zone. So, we only turn the dryer on after 9 pm, Almost all of our cleaning prouducts are 7th Generation or another form of "Green" products, I clean the wood with olive oil and glass with vinegar and water, I take my own grocery bags to the store (as much as possible) and if I do get plastic bags I use them to line my garbage cans, I grow my own herbs and keep the a/c on 81* all day. All of these things are so simple and after a while I did not give them a second thought. Our APS bill is less than it was last year! I hope that all of you reading this can do at least two of these things and pass the ideas on so that our world can be a cleaner, "greener" place :) I know...I am such a hippie!

2 comments:

Rosemary said...

We don't have a CC machine, but if people want to pay by credit card we can set up a paypal account and email an invoice to them. That would either mean 1) people are paying for their item at home after they already have it (risky) 2) You could keep all the items people want to purchase and deliver them later (time consuming on your part) or 3) We can set up a system where I bring my laptop (if you guys have a wireless connection I could hook up to) and I email the invoice right away, and there is a second computer (either a laptop or your mom's desktop) where people can check their email immediately & pay it right away, then print out their receipt so they just take their item & go. I vote for #3, sounds complicated but it does open up a whole form of payment that I believe will increase sales. Let me know what you think

The Skeehan Family said...

I LOVE IT! Great job woman! We totally have made movement in that direction to - same thing with the bulbs and the recycling and the reusable bags (although lately I seem to be forgetting them - I just need to leave them in the car, I am such a DOOFUS!), and we have a compost and are replanting for our fall garden and don't do anything more than a/c from 9a to 9p... but 81 on the a/c, seriously, that is impressive! I just can't do it!