
The Democratic National Convention has wrapped and I feel very proud to be an American and live during a time that we have a man that is half African American running for President. All I have to say is....it is about time! Then, John McCain announces that his VP choice is a woman! Again....it is about time! Granted I would never vote for John McCain for a number of reasons but good for him. And, if you did watch the DNC they you will know that Obama gave a wonderful speech....that man can sure get me excited about politics. For those of you who don't know I ACTUALLY do know what I am talking about when it comes to politics....I have my Bachelor's from ASU in Political Science, I was an intern for US Congressman John Shadegg (a Republican), I also interned for a very conservative Republican lobbyist at the AZ Capitol....which is why I had my name removed from the Republican party and added as a Democrat....THEN I worked for the AZ Democratic Party as the Native American Outreach Director and after that I am now a registered Independent. I truly believe that a voter needs to research both sides & not just follow the party ticket. So, get educated on all the issues & go make an informed decision---and as the politicans say, "God Bless America"!
2 comments:
AMEN, Fawn. Being informed is the only way to be. I unfortunately am not excited about either candidate...but that is mostly attributed to the fact that I have yet to make the effort to be informed?! Yikes, I always swore I would not be the ignorant house wife.!? haha. I better get my bum in gear and study both platforms!
Thanks for the motivation :)
I agree, voters definitely need to be informed.... and recognize that voting is so important, I know so many who just don't vote at all but just complain about everything... I figure hey,if you didn't vote at all then, you can't complain now!
Post a Comment