Monday, July 21, 2008

Family Reunion Weekend at Hawley Lake














This weekend we went up to Hawley Lake and had an Amos family reunion (my mom's side). It was chilly and raining! Kali had so much fun playing with her cousins and Kai was just so happy to be able to spend so much time outside. Francis got to fish & it was nice to have some quiet time in the mountains.....then after about 10 minutes of quiet time I was ready to come home, I am a city girl all the way! It was really nice to see my cousin Jeff & his wife Rachelle and my cousin Tina came with her boys & her husband who was just home from Iraq. Kai was a bit of a handful in the car home so he just ate cookies & threw toys around for me to pick up :) What a messy boy! I am so happy to be home in our nice, cozy, BIG king sized bed....how ever couples can sleep in a full size bed is beyond me! HOME SWEET HOME!

*By the way...the one picture of me stuffing food in my face in staring is what happens when I eat kettle corn....it is soooo good that it puts me in a trance.

3 comments:

The Skeehan Family said...

Don't you just love the mountains? Seriously, I think it's amazing that you can be seriously and ridiculously hot and then drive for a couple of hours and be in dire need of jeans and a sweatshirt... I LOVE Arizona. Looks like you guys had a fun time, love family!

Amy O'Neill said...

How fun! It looks like a beautiful place and I am sure it was nice to get out of the heat for a while. But I am with you about full beds... way too small... I am definitly more appreciative our king bed too when we are away. We are leaving to to camping tomorrow and I am already thinking about the lack of sleep I will be getting!!

Kai sounds like a typical boy... making messes for mom to clean up... believe me, it never ends, it only gets worse! ;)

Joan said...

You are so funny...I love kettle corn too.
Okay, so had to laugh about the picture of Fran with his shirt off...b/c it reminded me of "you know who" who saw him at the gym and was like "WHOA, you're Fawn's husband?" haha --- I hope you know what I'm talking about...I'm attempting to be discreet :)
Fun pictures...LOVE the one where Kali has her eyes open really big. She is such a cutie.